Damn You Auto Correct!

by Christine@TheAums on February 4, 2011 · 8 comments

Ok, this will be easy.  This week’s writer’s workshop asks to describe the last thing that made you laugh really hard.

Just a couple of days ago, my kids were all napping (yup, all 4 of ‘em) and my husband was out surfing. I had a quiet house all to myself…bliss…heaven…paradise…rare!  So I took advantage of my freedom and crossed stuff off my to do list, um,took a nap, well actually, I went on facebook. And there I saw it…someone posted a recipe for “raw vagina pizza.” Stay with me here, even you mom and dad, because that’s not the funny part.  She meant to type “raw VEGGIE pizza”, but the auto correct on her iPhone turned ‘veggie’ into ‘vagina’ before she realized and clicked send…embarrassing and funny, but still not the funniest part.

I read through the comments and learned about a website called ‘Damn You Auto Correct’ where people post screenshots of their texts gone wild due to the auto correct setting on their phones.  Of course I continued making the most of my free time by checking out the site and this is where it got laugh-out-loud, tears from my eyes, belly-aching hilarious.  I insist you check it out, too, and confirm that it is knee-slapping, addictive silliness. Please let me know I have not gone delirious from lack of sleep!

I don’t know how much time I wasted spent reading page after page but it was the most fun I’ve had during naptime, ever! When all was said and done, I reasoned that I got my abs workout for the day. It reminded me of the time I typed in my friend-who-shall-remain-nameless’ name in my phone and it replaced his name with “neutered.” He’s a single dad with kids from different moms, sooooo…yeah, that was funny, too.

Nicole February 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Too, too funny! I never knew there was such a site, but I will definitely check it out!

Mom Hearts Pinot February 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm

OMG! I have TEARS STREAMING down my face! I am laughing so hard! Thank you thank you thank you!! This website is so damn funny!

SoMo Mom February 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Hilarious! OMG, and what is a cockrag? Where does autocorrect even find that? Is it even a word? I'm going to look it up after I get back from the coochie center. (aka. civic)

SoMo Mom February 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Oh, found you from the Mama Kat workshop, btw! :)

alamodestuff February 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm

That's great. I've got lost on that site before. It's a great pick-me-up when I"m having a rough day.

jackie February 5, 2011 at 3:31 am

hahaha!!!! I found that site last night, and I was dying!!!! I emailed it to my sister this morning, but I told her I was reading it late at night. I thought I was going delirious too, but my sister emailed back and said she was laughing so hard while reading it at work.

paulakiger February 5, 2011 at 4:31 am

Dear DYAC, where have you been all my life??!! I loved this – one of my favorite autocorrects is how a person who has shown dedication sadly ends up having shown much defecation. LOLOL!! Thanks for sharing!!

The Aums Mama February 6, 2011 at 4:29 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!! So glad you all liked it as much as I did…do- I'm a regular visitor now. Laughter is definitely the best medicine and ab workout…way funner than crunches anyday! Thanks for reading!