Stream of Consciousness Sunday- Gym, Tan, LAUNDRY??

by Christine@TheAums on August 14, 2011 · 18 comments

#SOCsunday
It’s Stream of Consciousness Sunday at All Things Fadra which means I get to brain dump for 5 minutes and press ‘publish’ WITHOUT editing…you don’t know how hard that is for me to do, by the way…the no editing part.

So.

5 minute timer. Check.

Where do I start? Do I type what I’m thinking, or do I think what I want to write?

If I type what I’m thinking, it will not be pretty.

It’s Sunday. I exercised today…YES! Now to keep it up for the rest of my life the week.

The fridge is empty, except for expired things and condiment jars of all shapes, sizes, and levels of contents. I really can’t stand when someone leaves a smidgen of something in a jar, not really enough for the next person… just use the whole thing and recycle! I’d go take pictures for you but that’d really cut into my 5 minutes here.

So, empty fridge means time to make a list. Making a list means time to think of meals to eat this week. Which means making a MENU. Which means thinking ahead. Which means, I really could use a nap.

I’ve covered exercise and food…now on to laundry. Did you know that this week at 1am on Wednesday night I accomplished washing and putting away every load of laundry in the entire house?!  I’ve nvvever seen the Jersey Shore, but I hear they have a motto: Gym, Tan, Laundry…LAUNDRY??? WTF? Really? Do they actually film scenes of themselves doing laundry? Is it something they enjoy?

Oookaaay…exercise, food, laundry…FIST PUMP!  YEAH!

Monika August 14, 2011 at 10:39 am

Lol! I have to laugh I spent my entire Saturday cleaning , doing laundry & grocery shopping, but menu planning is my weakness – I hate to do it & the only time I was successful with it I was out of work for a while & a SAHM. It’s a constant challenge for sure ; )

Christine@TheAums August 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Yes, menu planning, list making, grocery shopping, and eventually home cooking is a full time job in itself!! In September, I am joining iVillage.com’s Makeover Your Meal Challenge and I hope to develop some better habits and organization around mealtimes. You in?

Tanya August 14, 2011 at 10:50 am

Ha! You exercised. That is a feat in itself. My exercise consists of walking around the house with the baby in the wrap while I comment on SOC’s on my phone :) and that reminds me…I have to meal plan today!

Christine@TheAums August 14, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Tell me about it…isn’t exercise accomplishment enough for the day? Do I really still need to feed the children, make sure they have clean clothes, etc. etc.? Baby-wearing and catching up on comments sounds heavenly actually :) How old is your baby?

Crystal @ PoM August 14, 2011 at 11:40 am

I spent all of most of Thursday and all of Friday unpacking boxes my niece had been storing for us and no longer could. That included about a million loads of clothes that her friend’s dogs had slept on (and peed on). Grats to you on accomplishing so much!

Christine@TheAums August 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Ha! Seriously, laundry is like the last thing I want to be on my list of accomplishments when I die, but I don’t ever remember a time when there was not a single thing to wash or put away, so I had announce it to the universe…the twitterverse, that is. So sorry to hear about your laundry woes! Good luck!

Good Girl Gone Green August 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hilarious! No they done really film them doing laundry they usually just talk about it! The tactually don’t film them tanning or going to the gym that much either. So I wonder, do they actually go?

Have a great week of exercising! :)

Christine@TheAums August 14, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Oh, good, makes me feel like I’m not missing too much by depriving my family of TV. This week I’m starting a 21 day Lifestyle Makeover with a friend, so I won’t have much choice with the exercise…I do hope I see results in 3 weeks!

Just Jennifer August 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm

LOL! Came over from Fadra’s. Your train of thought seems a bit like mine.

You know, I actually don’t dig getting ALL the laundry done. The reason is I don’t actually have enough hangers/room to put away all the clean clothes. Some NEED to be dirty!

Christine@TheAums August 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Oh my gosh…yes, I didn’t think of that and never really had the opportunity to experience it before, but you’re right…I was looking for hangers everywhere and could not fit everything into everyone’s drawers so had these weird piles all over the place. I think I’ll cross hangers of my shopping list and just lay off my crazy laundry expectations.

Jenn Marie August 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm

It’s not everyday that you find yourself doing laundry and thinking how it relates to the JS!!! LOL!! Love this!! New follower stopping by from Fadra’s SOCS!

Christine@TheAums August 14, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Great…my husband just took the kids to the beach so now I can go visit my fellow SOCS! Thanks for stopping by!

melissa August 14, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Sadly, I know the answer to the GTL thing, as Jersey Shore is an incredibly shameful guilty pleasure of mine. Gym, Tan, Laundry = the routine the guys go through every day before they go out at night. They don’t actually do their own laundry, they have it sent out. GTL was actually the big saying the first season, but it’s been taken over by “CABS AH HEAAA!!” or “Cabs are here!” and “T-shirt tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!” Both can be attributed to Pauly, who is from the great state of Rhode Island – where I’m from. So proud. :p

And now I’m sure you are glad that you have that information, right? ;)

Regarding laundry, I don’t like doing it while I’m doing it, but when it is done I feel very accomplished. And I particularly love cleaning the sheets, because there is not much better than crisp clean sheets on the bed!

stopping by from SOCS!

Jeanne August 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm

ahhh…. this made me laugh and it’s just what I needed tonight after dumping a load of laundry in a washer full of soapy water and realizing I had laid my iPhone right on top of said laundry mere moments before I dumped it! sigh….. thanks for making me laugh… ugh

Sarcasm Goddess August 14, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Haha! Loved this. The no editing thing terrifies me too! I’m right there with you on the Jersey Shore thing. Gym, Tan, Laundry is the dumbest thing in the history of dumb things. More like Gym, Tan, Like to wear clothes that are too tight. Or Gym, Tan, Like to take home skanks and make out with them in the hot tub.

Brandi August 15, 2011 at 11:03 am

Shoot, I need to think of a ritual for myself in order to get moving! Dance, massage, laundry. Yoga, hair, laundry. Something like that, because, unfortunately, laundry ain’t going anywhere! LOL!

Stasha August 16, 2011 at 12:19 am

With all this laundry and cleaning it is a good job this post requires no editing. No time for it anyway…
Love your SOC and you Haikus. I really do.

Christine@TheAums August 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

That is what I love about SOCSunday…it really should be SOC Sunday thru Saturday because we all could use some regular brain dumps! And the haikus…it doesn’t get much better than a 17 syllable post…well, maybe Wordless Wednesday, oh, and a little something called Monday Listicles :)