My Daughter Swallowed A Marble…

by Christine@TheAums on August 29, 2011 · 9 comments

Good morning! At least for me it is…made it through my 6AM workout, thankyouverymuch, AND I’ve already written today’s post! But you won’t find it here…today you get to visit my friend, Sue, over at Cookie’s Chronicles and learn about a fun game I like to call “What Goes In Must Come Out.” Trust me, you do not want to miss learning this lesson no parenting book has ever talked about!
cookies_chronicles_button
And speaking of lessons, a big thank you and shout out to Sue for teaching me more than she probably intended when asking me to guest post. Taking a month off from her blog to rejuvenate is inspiration alone, but coordinating a month’s worth of guest bloggers, including ones who lagged, ahem, is an admirable feat!

Aleta August 29, 2011 at 7:59 am

Hello. I’m new to your site and read your guest blog post at Cookie’s Chronicles. That was too funny! Nice to meet you :)

Christine@TheAums August 29, 2011 at 8:46 am

Hi Aleta! Thanks for stopping by and glad you got a laugh out of it. Your blog is lovely!

Cookie's Mom August 29, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Thanks for the shout out, Christine, and thanks for coming to my aid! It was lovely to have you – come back any time!

Becky Jane August 29, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I just finished reading your marble post…my daughter swallowed a 6″ piece of string…it came out inch by inch. I didn’t know what it was and thought her intestines were coming out…concern turned to laughter after realizing what it was, I gently pulled the rest of the string out of her and laughed and laughed!

Visiting from voiceBoks
Thanks, Becky Jane

Christine@TheAums August 29, 2011 at 7:48 pm

OMG…not sure I would save that piece of string! That happened once to our cat with a long strand of hair, and yeah, you know the rest…

Stasha August 30, 2011 at 10:26 am

Off to read. I have been migrating a lot to Canada lately thanks to CookieMom :)

Christine@TheAums August 31, 2011 at 7:19 am

How about a list of things parenting books don’t teach you…like the squishy poop bag technique, haha!

Runnermom-jen August 30, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Was just at Cookies and read your post…SO funny! Your kids are very close in age to mine. I have 4 little hoodlums too ;)

Christine@TheAums August 31, 2011 at 7:25 am

Well thanks for stopping by over here too! I am in love with your site…I totally feel a connection that we’ve both had 4 kids close together and I WISH I felt a connection to your running addiction! I’m sure you have your own share of swallowed marbles stories, no?