My New and Improved Blog Roll

by Christine@TheAums on September 30, 2011 · 30 comments

Today, I’m in the mood for a fun little post that I’ve been thinking about for a while. I am going to attempt to cross off creating both a blog roll and adding a page to my navigation bar. When I switched from Blogger to WordPress, my About, Contact, and Homeschool pages did not make the transfer, so my little HOME button has been pretty lonely up there.

But that’s all about to change…

Have you ever noticed when you type some letters in the URL address bar of your server, your computer tries to guess where you want to go? Based on how often you visit a site, your computer, or my computer at least, will keep track and try to help me out by giving suggestions.

So, I thought it’d be fun to let you in on what shows up when I type every letter of the alphabet. Since I discover many blogs through facebook and twitter links that I don’t actually type in my URL bar, this is by no means going to be a complete blog roll. But it’s a start and a real glimpse into my stalking online habits.

P.S. I took the time to link up everyone’s blog and twitter handles to make it easier for you to follow and discover why they’re on my blog roll :)

A

All Things Fadra @allthingsfadra
A Living Family @aLivingFamily
Adventures in Mommyhood @momheartspinot

B

Growing Fabulosokids @fabulosokids

C

Cookie’s Chronicles @SJM_CookiesMom

D

Dial M for Minky (moo) @minkymoo

E - nuthin…somebody give me a blog that starts with E!

F – facebook, obviously ;) You can find my fan page here with a convenient “like” button near the top!

G

The Good Life @northwestmommy
Garza Girl @garza_girl

H – once again, comes up empty

I

Mommy On A Shoestring @momonashoe
MommyMonologues @mommymonologues
Mommyhood Next Right @mommyhoodnxtrt
Momalog @AdotheMomlog

N

Not Enough Patience, And Never Enough Jewelry @gfunkified
Northwestmommy.com (Congrats, Stasha, you made the list twice…Oh, and this is a LIST, how cool is that?!)
Nanny Goats In Panties @nannygoats

Oomg.yahoo.com (lowers head in shame)

P

Pinterest, baby! Please follow me, even though I haven’t yet mastered the art of pinning.
pizzamyheart.com Not a blog, silly…it’s our fave take-out pizza! (holds head up high)

Q – Know any blogs that start with q?

R

Runner Mom @runnermomjen

S

The Six Year Itch @sixyearitch
Santa Cruz County Conference and Visitors Council @visitsantacruz I blog for them and would love if you visited me over there!
SITSgirls @SITSGirls

T

The Aums…what can I say? I read my own blog :) You can follow me on Twitter @theaumsmama

U thru Y

Absolutely nada, all suggestions accepted!

ZZook Book Nook @zookbooknook

More to come as I slowly get my act together on WordPress and in life!

Fabulosokids Bruce October 1, 2011 at 6:40 am

How awesome are you? Thanks so much for including us here! You continue to be one of our favorite people.

Christine@TheAums October 1, 2011 at 9:21 am

You’re so welcome. Your blog is a gem and my computer knows it!

Stasha October 1, 2011 at 8:10 am

When you make a list, you really make an effort. How very cool. Thank you. I have never made the list twice. I will be seeing you linking this up tomorrow right?! Great one.
I have been meaning to change my blogroll for a couple of months now and get exhausted just thinking about the work i have to put towards it. If this post doesn’t inspire me, nothing will.

Christine@TheAums October 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

Stasha, you’re welcome and you deserve to be on the list twice!

Fadra October 1, 2011 at 10:42 am

WOOHOO!! I’M NUMBER ONE!!!!

I meant, alphabetically, of course. I found lots of new Twitterers to follow and I’m going to make it my personal mission to find you some new blogs starting with the appropriate letter.

Christine@TheAums October 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Even if I left off the “the” in my blog name, yours would still be number one :) Can’t wait to hear your suggestions!

Cookie's Mom October 1, 2011 at 11:08 am

Awwwww! You are the sweetest bloggress of all! :-) I am truly honoured. I agree with Stasha. This is one heck of a list that you should link up tomorrow – AND – why not link it up with The Best of the Blogosphere too (http://cookieschronicles.blogspot.com/2011/09/best-of-blogosphere-september-2011-blog.html)?

You made my day, Christine!

Christine@TheAums October 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Yay, I’ll definitely link up…makes me look more on top of it than I am!

MJ October 1, 2011 at 11:35 am

Yea! I knew my URL would pay off :) Thank you!

Christine@TheAums October 1, 2011 at 1:18 pm

It’s more like your writing and character paid off…that’s why I keep returning :)

Jessica October 1, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Thanks for including me and I’m proud of you for adding a new page!!!

It’s funny to see so many blogs listed in the M section. That’s how my reader looks too.

Christine@TheAums October 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm

You’re welcome…thanks for sharing your expertise! M is definitely a popular letter :)

Alison@Mama Wants This October 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Aw, thank you for including me!! So thrilled!

I’ve got a Q for you: Quasi Agitato authored by a Christine as well! http://quasiagitato.com

E – Eli Rose Social, a very helpful blog for all things social media and blogging (Jessica works for them!) http://elirose.com

V – VlogTalk! Um, again, Jessica is part of it. http://vlogtalkmeme.com

W – World Moms Blog, I’m biased, I write for them :) http://worldmomsblog.com

And….that’s all I got :)

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 9:45 am

Love your suggestions, Alison. I’ve been to some of them, too, via links so my computer doesn’t register them in the URL bar. Gonna have to fix that soon ;)

Jessica October 1, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Fabulous list! I feel so honored to be included alongside such great bloggers! Thank you! :)

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 9:46 am

You’re welcome! I love how everyone feels honored and not stalked, haha!

brotio October 1, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Just some ideas to complete you list sis…..
Q: http://quietbook.blogspot.com/ interesting…..?
W or V: http://vernonandanniesyoungest.blogspot.com/ Uncle Steve’s blog that hasn’t been updated since 2010.
X: http://www.xplane.com/xblog/ more interesting…..?

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

That is quite the range…I do expect interesting and obscure once you get to the last letters of the alphabet. Serioulsy, the quiet book one is adorable…new hobby?

Runnermom-jen October 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm

This is such a great idea!! And thank you for including me :) I’m going to have to go stalk some of those people on your list…

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 9:59 am

I hope I made it easier for you to find heaps of new tweeps…you all get the Aum stamp of approval!

Just Jennifer October 2, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I could be in the J section…

I think I need someone to explain what exactly a Blog Roll is and why it’s so difficult to create. Cuz I have a gadget in my sidebar of some of the blogs I follow and it updates and all that. Is a Blog Roll different?

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Please consider this a list in progress :) I’m no expert, but I think a blog roll is a list of blogs that you visit regularly and recommend others do the same. Mine should actually be longer than this, but this post was just a start. I’ll go see what your widget’s all about.

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Oh, I like that “Blogs I follow” widget/plugin/gadget whathaveyou! I’ve seen it before and might consider adding one to my sidebar too :)

Lenette October 2, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I’ve been following you on Twitter forever and just read your blog! It looks great on Wordpress! Congrats on making the change. I don’t think I will ever have the nerve to do it! lol

Christine@TheAums October 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Thank you so much, although no congrats are in order…I’m not so sure I made the best choice to switch to wordpress.org. It’s been an uphill battle for sure! Anyway, you’re like me, cheapo-do-it-yourself route with blog design…yours looks really good…it has a calming effect on me. If you ever want to talk about making the switch, let me know :)

Kim October 2, 2011 at 10:26 pm

What a great idea to post the URL and Twitter handle! Thank you so much for including me in your blog roll :) and for all of the helpful Twitter links that I didn’t know. You inspired me to update my blog roll, but it may take me awhile to get the Twitter handles up, too :)

Christine@TheAums October 3, 2011 at 8:01 am

Kim, it’s so great to have a Z to round out the list! Since I started blogging, I’ve fallen in love with twitter, so hopefully the party will continue over there :)

By Word of Mouth Musings October 8, 2011 at 8:18 am

See, i wrote a blogpost about why blogrolls make me cry … and this one was no exception ;)

Christine@TheAums October 8, 2011 at 11:38 pm

My Incomplete Blogroll in Progress…does that help a tiny bit?