Un-meme: Sleep.

by Christine@TheAums on February 3, 2012 · 14 comments

Caution: Run-on sentences ahead.

It’s just before midnight, but by the time I finish writing this, wrapping up some emails, putting a load in the dryer, and washing up for bed- which usually gives me a brief second wind, it could easily be 1 a.m. which has become my normal bedtime for the last month, despite my best intentions. And then, when I finally hit my pillow, burrow into my covers, close my eyes and breathe a final sigh of relief, well that’s the cue for any one out of my 4 Aumies to wake up and need mama.

Not papa mind you. Mama. Like even if I switch to my husband’s side of the bed, it does not throw off their sense of mama. Or maybe I mean scent of mama because the taking a regular shower thing has also been on the back burner.

Last week I shared a list of ten tasks on my to do list. I crossed off half and tripled what was left…you do the math because at the stroke of midnight (now), my brain turns back into mush and I’m not sure when my fairy godmother’s due back. She has in fact been replaced with a daily 4 p.m. pot of coffee.

The Good Life’s recent Blogging Troubles post is the inspiration for this week’s Unmeme theme: SLEEP!

Seriously, this weekend I will put concentrated effort in early to bed early to rise and try to re-establish good sleeping habits. Everything gets better when I sleep enough…my parenting, my skin, my ability to deal with not accomplishing my never-ending to do lists.

So, I may or may not blog this week, but…

Please be sure you're saying this with a Western drawl.

I hereby give myself (and you!)  permission to take a blog break. No guilt. No shame. All you have to do is:

• Answer the question: What else is going on in your life besides blogging?
  • Grab the Un-meme button conveniently located in the sidebar.
  • Link up your post below!

Stasha February 3, 2012 at 8:30 am

I think I might just have to take you up on that! I went to bed around 1 and was pleased with myself fro being early. That can’t be right!!? Sweet dreams.

Christine@TheAums February 3, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Nope, it’s so wrong that it’s WRONG. Your mission should you choose to accept it is to go to bed at a decent hour and enjoy sweet dreams!

Just Jennifer February 3, 2012 at 8:37 am

This totally goes with what I posted about today – too cool!

Christine@TheAums February 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Great post Jen…TGIF!

Annie February 4, 2012 at 6:04 am

I loved this! I am a very sleep deprived gal. Very. I need to figure out how to accomplish more during the day so I can have the night for sleeping. What a genius thing to do at night.

Christine@TheAums February 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I know, it’s such a trade off. I think I just work in cycles. Sometimes I’ll have really productive late nights and early mornings and it’s so satisfying that lack of sleep doesn’t affect me. But sooner or later, I am grumpy more often than not and way less productive, and I know my body needs to recharge for days if not weeks. That’s where I’m at right now.

Galit Breen February 4, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Oh yes, real life. I might remember real life. :)

Love this – so much – from one sleep deprived girl to another: Go you!

Christine@TheAums February 6, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Thank you, Galit! Oh, geez, what am I doing up at 11:30 pm?! Night!

Runnermom-jen February 6, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Why is it they always want Mama? That’s ok, I wake up long before my husband would ever hear them anyway ;)
Good luck getting to bed early!
xo

Christine@TheAums February 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Ain’t that the truth! Even if they did go to my husband I’d be awake for the whole thing. Thanks for the sleepy wishes…I do feel much better these days!

Lanae (@Hungrigyrl) February 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Love the meme! (un). You deserve to take a break, enjoy! And also your new blog button is super cute too.

Christine@TheAums February 7, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Why thank you…don’t we all? You know where to find me should the need arise :)

Ado February 8, 2012 at 9:03 am

That is so funny that your “main” reason for homeschooling is b/c you can’t get 4 of ‘em out of the house at one time. I hear you on that one (and I envy you!) Ha!
I have seen this meme twice now and I haven’t yet gotten it together enough to link up. But. I. Will!
Don’t think I am posting today but I. Will. Link. Up. Soon. (-:

Christine@TheAums February 8, 2012 at 10:21 am

Ado, by the looks of things on your blog, you really don’t qualify for the Unmeme, haha! It’s a meme that certainly doesn’t invite regular linking up…but it’s here when you need it and it’s fun to see who shows up and why :)