Stream of Consciousness Sunday – Under Pressure

by Christine@TheAums on February 12, 2012 · 17 comments

I live under a lot of pressure. Most of it is self-inflicted, if not all. The pressure to be a good mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister, in-law, tutor, homeschooler…

I receive many compliments on making it all look easy. They are all well-meaning, genuine kind words of praise that make me feel good, like I’m doing something right. But I also want to feel human, that it’s okay to feel human.

Humans crack under pressure. Humans make mistakes. Humans fall and break.

If you’re wondering about me, I’ll be working on relieving some of that pressure and mending the broken pieces.

*****************************

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post with All Things Fadra.

#SOCsunday

This is also my Unmeme post for the week because I have some healing to do and may or may not put blogging on the back burner.  Feel free to link up below if you need a guilt-free blog break, too. Just

• Answer the question: What else is going on in your life besides blogging?
  • Grab the Un-meme button conveniently located in the sidebar.
  • Link up your post below!

Kenya G. Johnson February 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Love your banner. You’re making me what to run to Walmart for wine and chocolate so I can try that yoga position. ;-)

Christine@TheAums February 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Thank you! It’s a very relaxing yoga position, trust me!

Stasha February 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm

If there is a mother that cannot relate to this postiam giving up ice cream.

Christine@TheAums February 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Phew…glad Brandi replied she could relate. Would hate for you to give up ice cream.

Brandi February 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I totally get this. Well, except for the compliments on making it look easy part because I’m always so frazzled and a wreck. Thank you for sharing this, though, because it does remind those of us who do love you and look up to you that we are ALL human and it does take work to make life happen. Sending good vibes to you!

Christine@TheAums February 12, 2012 at 10:32 pm

The power of comments and good vibes and friendship…thank you, Brandi.

liz @ The Six Year Itch February 12, 2012 at 10:37 pm

No one’s perfect. We should all probably have that tattooed to our foreheads. Or, at the very least, nestle that tattoo where only we can see it for moments of comfort. Compliments can be so catch-22. Sending healing vibes.

Christine@TheAums February 12, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Speaking of forehead tattoos…I’ll tell you about mine sometime. Seriously. It’s faded now. But I’ll show you next time we Skype. As for the healing vibes…thank you, keep em coming. Bubbles is helping too.

Rachee February 13, 2012 at 9:47 am

When people ask how I do all that I do I tell them I make it look easy. Too often we, I, try and do be all and do all for everyone. Nope. Taking a break, admitting I can be wrong and just rolling with it.
Thanks for sharing and being so encouraging!
-r

Christine@TheAums February 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Ditto on that last line. Thank you Rachee!

Runnermom-jen February 16, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oh, sweet Christine…I know I feel this way often. What a beautiful post. I hope this finds you well and “picking up the pieces”, so to speak.
xo

Christine@TheAums February 17, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Thank you so much, Jen. Wanna know what’s been helping? Running. I’ve enjoyed it more than ever this past week. You are one smart mama!

Mama J@Mama, Hear Me Roar February 19, 2012 at 11:03 am

Mend the broken pieces? I’ve had to do that too much lately! Hope this finds you well and enjoying your blog break!

Christine@TheAums February 19, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Why thank you! I love when I give myself permission to just let go and not feel guilty. But I am looking forward to getting some writing done soon.

Jessica February 21, 2012 at 3:44 am

The whole “you make it all look easy” compliment is nice to receive, but I get what you’re saying, it also makes me feel anxious about all that I’m doing whenever I receive it. I think in my case, I have to accept that being human, not making it look easy all the time, is okay too. I pride myself in being organized, usually, and that’s how I appear (at times) to have everything figured out. But, and like all human beings, I don’t have everything figured out.

Christine@TheAums February 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I can plan and multi-task like crazy, but eventually it makes me crazy and I need a break. Trying to avoid the usual meltdown by giving myself more of break more often. I’m human and a work in progress, right?