My ‘Under Pressure’ post last week was a bit of a downer, but I think I figured out what’s been going on with me lately.
I couldn’t find it in any medical books, but it’s a certified, bona fide health condition that affects mostly women, specifically those that have children.
Turns out I’ve been suffering from what’s known as Four-Babies-Back-To-Back Syndrome.
And by back-to-back I mean, “Hi hospital, I’m baaaaack! No, not for a well-baby check up…to give birth to a whole nuther baby…again!”
It actually can affect moms of any number of children, but beyond seven it’s simply known as Octo-Duggar-Cray-zay Syndrome.
Symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Lack of sleep (or the rare deep sleep interrupted by the kids)
- Lack of date nights (or date nights spent talking about the kids)
- A strong desire to make sure everyone is happy, clean, and well-fed before yourself
- Stretch marks and wearing tankinis, or avoiding large bodies of water altogether
- Lack of regular showers and abundance of dry-hair shampoo
- Mountains of dirty and clean laundry piles
- Doing absolutely nothing without guilt, stress, and pressure to make it look easy
- All of the above coupled with the urge to consume chocolate and wine daily
If you, too, are suffering, there’s help.
(Bet you thought I was gonna say Aummmm…)
If regularly scheduled ME time is just not an option, you may require an aggressive treatment plan that involves a Hawaiian vacation…without the kids.
Either way, know that you are not alone.
But you should be way more often in order to ease some of the above symptoms.
Well, the stretch marks and laundry are probably here to stay, while the jury’s still out on the chocolate/wine consumption even being a problem.
Other than that, you’ll be well on your way to a healthier you!