Hey Girl, Not To Be Confused With Hey Girl.

by Christine@TheAums on May 1, 2012 · 9 comments

I’ve been in a funk lately. A sick, allergy-ridden funk. Which means I alternate between hot Throat Coat tea and hot chocolate with whipped cream. And now that I’ve gotten my two-week absence from blogging explanation out of the way…

There’s a new girl in town. A new “Hey Girl” that is. No, it’s not another Ryan Gosling meme. Dare I say, it’s even better?

Sidebar, here’s my favorite Ryan Gosling meme: Homeschool Ryan Gosling¬†

This one is the brainchild of Liz Henry, my partner in all things Geek, and the voice behind The Six Year Itch. It’s simple and inspiring, supporting our girls to be exactly what they want to be.

Here’s my first submission:

And here’s the one I submitted tonight:

After reading Brandi’s latest post at Mama Knows It All, I’m thinking these “Hey Girl” messages can and should extend to ourselves and each other as well. Here is my contribution to help end OMWS (Overly Modest Woman Syndrome):

You can check out Hey Girl on tumblr and add to the many inspirational messages in support of our girls. What do you want to tell young girls out there?

Hungrigyrl May 1, 2012 at 4:57 am

Love this meme! Especially that your submissions include photos of you and your daughter. Well done!

Christine@TheAums May 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Thank you! That picture of my daughter in the fridge just had me awe-struck and I’m glad I was able to capture it in such a positive way. Can’t wait to share with my girls one day.

Elizabeth May 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

My parents (especially my dad) always told me that I could be anything I wanted to be. That my gender (for the most part) was a non-issue. From that, I grew up believing in myself and that is among the most important gifts they could have given me.

So one that I would do (I know, I wasn’t asked) is:

Hey girl, you can be anything you want to be. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t.
Elizabeth recently posted..What happens when Mom is alone for a day?My Profile

Christine@TheAums May 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I just updated my post to ask what you would do because I meant to and I’m glad you’re sharing here. Your dad sounds amazingly encouraging and supportive! It would be cute if you submitted a childhood pic of yourself with that quote.

Elizabeth May 1, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Uhhh…. I’ll try to find the one of me in my Wonder Woman underwear, flexing my “muscles”!!
Elizabeth recently posted..What happens when Mom is alone for a day?My Profile

Stasha May 1, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Love it. hey girls, you rock this one! Both of ya!!
Stasha recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

Christine@TheAums May 8, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Thanks, Stasha!

Jessica May 9, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I adore that pic of you at the end! Lovely. Just lovely.

And, I like the idea of this project. Thanks for sharing! I’m off to check out the blog now!

Christine@TheAums May 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Thanks, Jessica! I think the Hey Girl meme is right up your alley…I still always think of that lipstick/mirror picture and I still want to create one of my own.