Eyeona, the Goddess of Shopping, Has Appeared to Me

by Christine@TheAums on July 22, 2012 · 18 comments

If you recall, or at least look at the video in my sidebar, last year I didn’t attend the world’s biggest blogging conference. Instead of going to Blogher ’11, I dwelled at Homeher ’11 with Liz. In my sweats. And mullet sweatshirt.

Fast forward to today, and who would’ve thought, not only am I going to Blogher ’12 in New York City, I’m going in style thanks to Eyeona, the goddess of shopping.

This is a lot of firsts for me, folks. First blogging conference and first sponsor. First time to NYC and first solo trip leaving my kids for many nights in a row! It’s exciting, yes. It’s stressful, definitely. But it’s a step I’ve been waiting to feel ready for in my 8 years as a mom and I finally feel the timing is right.

When I first committed to this trip, I thought, ok, what am I going to wear that is already in my closet? Am I going to repurpose the dress I wear to weddings or the one I wear to funerals? Or do I dare wear my Homeher ’11 wardrobe? No way, I would die in the NY heat!

Gives new meaning to "Til death do us part..."

If you haven’t figured it out, I’m not much of a shopper, in fact I’m really bad at it and avoid it as much as possible. Just ask The Mommy Tsunami, my friend turned personal stylist for a day. Here’s what she has to say:

First, I hate spending money. I hem and haw over every price tag and I usually play the wait-for-it-to-go-on-sale-and-if-it’s-still-there-when-I-go-back-it-was-meant-to-be game.

Second, I haven’t allowed myself to really shop for the past 8 years, in the hopes of returning to my pre-preg size so I can just open my attic, blow the dust off my old wardrobe, and save money. Fat chance, right? Actually it’s just ten pounds of baby weight I can’t get rid of.

Third, I don’t know how to put outfits together, accessories and all. What I do know is how to wear the same thing practically every day and not care. That’s what twelve years of Catholic school uniforms taught me.

But this amazing opportunity popped up when Eyeona herself appeared to me,  offering to outfit me…ME! for Blogher so I could try out her newest feature, the Receipt-o-matic, which allows me to track and save on my online purchases. In exchange she promised to get me into a pair of new jeans…how could I pass that up?!

Boot Cut vs. Skinnies...Both!

If you aren’t familiar with Eyeona, it’s a FREE mobile shopping app and website that helps shoppers save money by keeping an eye on items you’ve purchased and alerting you if the price drops so you can get a price adjustment from the store…as in money back!

Supported retailers across a variety of categories.

I just placed an order on Wednesday of this week, and on Saturday I received my first price adjustment. Ten dollars at the Gap! I can’t wait for more.

For me, shopping is like cleaning. Just like you get more cleaning done in the ten minutes before guests arrive than in a week, I’ve gotten more shopping done in the past 8 days versus the past 8 years.

Thank you, Eyeona, for the motivation!

If you’d like to follow my Blogher ’12/Eyeona Board on Pinterest, click here.

If you’d like to register for Eyeona online, click here, or get the app on your iPhone/Android. Please leave me a comment, tweet, email, etc. to let me know that you signed up…much appreciated!

And not to be missed, make sure you enter Eyeona’s $5,000 Getaway Weekend for Two…I wonder if I’m exempt? Anyway, it doesn’t say so, but winning includes meeting me in real life!

Chloe July 22, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Congratulations!!! Those are some terrific firsts. See you at Blogher!
Chloe recently posted..Wide AwakeMy Profile

Christine@TheAums July 23, 2012 at 8:18 am

Thanks, Chloe!

aumspapa July 22, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I dig that shirt you’re wearing, where is that from?

Christine@TheAums July 23, 2012 at 8:20 am

From a very thoughtful person who knows I’m finally ready to expand my wardrobe.

Angel Tsunami July 23, 2012 at 12:25 am

You will be amazing, Princess! This is your coming out ball!

You are also easy on the eyes, sooooo you look good in a paper sack. Kind of a fair advantage right off the start.

Although I’ll miss your behind while you are in the Big Apple, I’ll be more excited when you come home ready to share a zillion stories while we run.

xoxox
Angel Tsunami recently posted..Ice Cream Makes the World Go ‘RoundMy Profile

Christine@TheAums July 23, 2012 at 8:18 am

Thanks for all your help, Angel! Looking forward to those run/hikes!

Brandi July 23, 2012 at 5:06 am

You look AMAZING in those jeans!!! I am so excited to see you on my side (for now) of the country and laugh and dance and all of the other BlogHer things that bloggers do!

Christine@TheAums July 23, 2012 at 8:15 am

Brandi, I’m trying to keep all the fun we’re going to have on the DL…shhhhh ;)

Tracey Black July 23, 2012 at 9:32 am

Eyeona sounds really cool. I’ll have to check it out. I loved both jeans on you – and you’ll be rocking all the cute outfits.

I’m so excited for you to attend BlogHer ’12. You deserve a few days off and you’ll have a blast. The only bummer part is I can’t go so we’ll need to figure out another opportunity to meet each other. I’m putting in my bid to bring BlogHer ’13 back to California.

Have a great time. I’ll follow your tweets at the event.
Tracey Black recently posted..Clif Kit’s Organic Bars GiveawayMy Profile

Christine@TheAums July 24, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Let me know where to sign…I’m all for Blogher ’13 in Cali…maybe Bay Area this time. I do look forward to the day we get to meet IRL :)

Jessica July 23, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Congratulations! This is such great news! I’m sure you’ll look fabulous in whatever you wear!

Christine@TheAums July 24, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Thanks, Jessica. Funny after all this shopping, I’m longing to wear the comfy stuff I’m used to. I did buy some new running shoes and I hope to run in Central Park while I’m there.

Runnermom-jen July 23, 2012 at 2:47 pm

That is awesome!!! I love LOVE love to shop…wish I had your problem, I’d probably be rich by now ;)
Also, I hope you post pics of what you wear.
Runnermom-jen recently posted..Today I’m Thankful…My Profile

Christine@TheAums July 24, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Jen, you should definitely sign up for this app if you love shopping. I’ve been using it for a week and had 30 dollars in price adjustments so far. I’ll try to post pics on FB or instagram at the very least.

Suze July 23, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Hi Honey-So proud of you…I never miss your entries, Honey…OOOOO New York…you big shot. Alyssa is so lucky to have you in her corner. Thinking of you-Love to the Babies and your Man- xox Suze

Christine@TheAums July 24, 2012 at 11:35 pm

All our love right back at you…I think I might see you soon!

OT and ET July 26, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Have fun at BlogHer cutie! I adore you so I’m not even jealous <– (lie)

Well mainly just happy for you as you will absolutely and without a doubt be the belle of the ball in those hot jeans, both pairs! and because you are just a doll inside and out. Muah! Muah! xo
OT and ET recently posted..Oregon’s Enchanted ForestMy Profile

Lucy Ball July 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I LOATHE shopping for clothes. I usually buy one of each color when I find something I like to avoid having to shop again soon.

“I don’t know how to put outfits together, accessories and all. What I do know is how to wear the same thing practically every day and not care.” ME TOO!

I’m totally checking out that site. Thanks, and you look cute in both. ;-)
Lucy Ball recently posted..Barbie and Ken Gettin’ IT On EbayMy Profile