iVillage Cooking Adventures: Breakfast Burritos

by Christine@TheAums on April 17, 2013 · 8 comments

Breakfast-burritosEpisode 5 is live! Not that I even want to watch it. Today I started Day 1 of Dr. Oz’s 3 Day Cleanse, a little something that caught my eye on Pinterest. Warning: If you see this pin on Pinterest, do not, I repeat, do not try it.
Dr.OzDetox
I am a lover of smoothies and juicing and I’m telling you, all three of these recipes were gross. I stuck to it all day, but it’s safe to say, there won’t be a Day 2.

Which brings me back to breakfast burritos. Mmmmmm….breakfast burritos. I could really go for one right now because it does not have to be breakfast to enjoy a good breakfast burrito. Best time is probably after a day of celery smoothies. I kept the ingredients basic and kid-friendly in this video, but the real breakfast burrito experts can be found among my Facebook community.
Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 7.37.07 PM

Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 7.37.30 PM

Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 7.37.52 PM

Is your mouth watering yet? I won’t keep you much longer…a few behind the scenes notes:

1. That red apron is the same red apron I’ve been wearing since college. I have quite the apron collection and yet I always come back to trusty old Red.
2. I love the look of determination on my son’s face when cracking the eggs. I love even more that my daughter, who is kindly holding the compost container for the egg shells, is wearing a gas mask because the compost was too stinky for her.
3. In my honest opinion, not enough kids were featured in this video, but hey, I think we’re going to do dessert next episode so I’m sure I’ll have plenty of volunteers.
4. Last but not least, I haven’t heard back from the casting agent I mentioned last post, except that I won’t hear back from them unless I’m chosen. They said to give it two weeks, aaaand given how infrequently I blog these days, I should have an update in my next post.

Be sure to check out Episodes 1-4: Taco Night, DIY Pasta Bar, Mac and Cheese, and the very popular Lasagna Roll Ups!

Leah Mastilock April 18, 2013 at 10:13 am

Mouth watering! I really shouldn’t watch your videos when I’m already hungry! Thanks for the tip on the yucky juice detox! I do a juice cleanse once a year and will steer clear of those recipes!
Leah Mastilock recently posted..Favorite Pinterest Activities: Rescue Mission Sight Word Reading GameMy Profile

Christine@TheAums April 23, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Leah, I’d love to hear more about your annual juice cleanse.

Runnermom-jen April 18, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I so look forward to these videos. And I didn’t realize how long your is!!
P.S. Those juice recipes do sound gross. Definitely won’t be trying those :)
Runnermom-jen recently posted..I Am a Runner…My Profile

Christine@TheAums April 23, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Thanks, Jen. I assume you’re talking about my hair…when I straighten my hair, the grays blend in a little more ;)

christine April 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm

My kids eat breakfast burritos all the time. They just aren’t as creative as your kids. Green peppers are as crazy as they go. :)
I can’t see myself ever doing a detox. This helps solidify those feelings.
As always, great job with the video. Kids cracking eggs always makes me smile.
christine recently posted..P Is For PersonalityMy Profile

Christine@TheAums April 23, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Thanks, Christine! Too bad there wasn’t some kind of breakfast burrito detox.

Janice April 19, 2013 at 12:08 am

So…..it’s midnight and I just finished watching your video. I’m hungry!
My family would totally love this. I think it would be a welcome change from MY favorite pancake breakfast-ses. Heh. Seriously. I could eat pancakes every day for the rest of my life. Anywho, must try this soon – after I buy some tortillas…
Janice recently posted..Scared To RunMy Profile

Christine@TheAums April 23, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Hmmm…do you have a special pancake recipe? Did I miss a post where you reveal why pancakes are your favorite? Well, if you have to mix it up every once in a while, definitely make some breakfast burritos :)