My Boys’ Socks…Different But the Same

by Christine@TheAums on July 19, 2013 · 6 comments

None of these things belong together.
All of these things are kinda the same.
Can you guess why I avoid laundry?
Now let’s play our game!

TASocks

Christine July 19, 2013 at 9:55 am

Ugh the worst! I just bought my son a new 6 pk of socks and I THOUGHT that there were just 3 w/ blue stripes and 3 w/ grey stripes….well they all actually have a different different amount of stripes on them!! Makes laundry folding so much fun *insert sarcasm

Kim@Co-Pilot Mom July 19, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I hear you! My son has socks that are almost the same – a few pairs have slight differences in the stripes and one pair has a triangle on the elastic at the top. Somehow the mates never seem to be in the same load, so I never end up with a matching pair.
Kim@Co-Pilot Mom recently posted..Designing Home – Guest Post at The Fierce Diva Guide to LifeMy Profile

Angus July 19, 2013 at 12:52 pm

As long as they are the same size and thickness, just fold ‘em and stick ‘em in the drawer.

Christine@TheAums July 28, 2013 at 7:59 pm

That would probably solve all my single socks without partners dilemma.

christine July 30, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I can’t tell you the last time my kids wore matching socks. I was done matching much of anything 3 kids ago. As long as they have socks with their tennis shoes, I’m happy.

BTW, two of those look like socks my boys own. And there’s an idea for parents who care about matching! All parents should post photos of the missing match socks floating around the house, then we can all claim the ones we’re missing! Talk about eco-friendly!
christine recently posted..Monday Listicles – Photos of Life with Six KidsMy Profile

Christine@TheAums August 19, 2013 at 4:12 pm

“I was done matching much of anything 3 kids ago”…spoken like a well seasoned mom. The coolest thing to happen lately is both boys are finally wearing the same size so I no longer have to check labels or commit each boy’s t-shirts, etc. to memory.