Life With Kids, Part 3

by Christine@TheAums on July 29, 2013 · 12 comments

It’s time for another installment of Life With Kids, where I post an assortment of images captured when the kids aren’t around, but evidence of them is. If it makes me laugh, sigh, swoon, scratch my head in confusion or yelp in pain (you’ll see why in a moment) I take a picture, and there is never a shortage of material around here.  This week, I’m linking up with Stasha of little boy and big dog fame, aka @NorthwestMommy. Before she became famous for her stunning photography, she was known for her  listicles…a list of 10 “somethings” each and every Monday. This week she featured my topic and I can’t wait to see everyone’s photos.

10 Photos of Life With Kids

SWOON

I’m a sucker for cozy swaddled babies and the kids who make them so.

TABabyGlove

OUCH

As if Legos weren’t painful enough, the arrows point to “caltrops”- weapons commonly-used by ninjas. This deadly combo can be found around my house any given day, but especially at night…in the dark.

TACaltropsLegos

YIKES

Or as my 3-year-old said, “Pretty!” She was just applying a little makeup.

TADollFace

CREATIVE

My kids’ imaginations never cease to amaze me. Here, some firewood, books and handheld weights have been transformed into a rowboat. They paddled with those wooden dowels and sang Row, row, row your boat at the top of their lungs earlier in the day.

TABoat

FUN

Good old-fashioned, open-ended play dough fun. Looks like everybody’s sporting a new play dough hairdo.

TAPLaydoughFun

KEEP OUT

Or “OT,” if you’re an emerging writer and reader. Found this sign on the door to their room, just under the Scholastic poster.

TAKeepOut

UH…

Lego/playdough ice cubes anyone?

TAIceMolds

ARTISTIC

There goes the Craigslist resale value of this doll house. My 5-year-old can’t help but redecorate her toys and clothes with markers, and I can’t help but let her. So long as it’s not the walls we rent, I’m good.

TADollHouse

GOOD NIGHT

Saw this on my daughter’s top bunk. Love that she set this up next to her pillow. It’s not accurate- missing a few kids in the bed and on the floor next to the bed- but it’s sweet.

TANysBed

PROUD MAMA

Can you tell how much my 7-year-old son loves Calvin and Hobbes? I love passing by his room and hearing him read the strips out loud to himself or his younger siblings.

TACalvinHobbes

Hope you enjoyed this installment of Life with Kids. Until next time! Aummmm….

Please check out Part 1 and Part 2 of my Life with Kids series.

karen July 29, 2013 at 3:01 am

love how you posted pics of their play…what a great idea. Oh man legos hurt so much when you step on them….that pic made me cringe. you have talented kids though…with al those lego creations and art work.
karen recently posted..PHOTO LIST: LIFE WITH A BOYMy Profile

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms July 29, 2013 at 5:39 am

This was GREAT! So funny. Ellen
Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms recently posted..Recycling: The Good and The UglyMy Profile

Robbie July 29, 2013 at 8:41 am

Lots of fun to be had at your house! I love some playdough and your little scientists who decided to freeze it!
Robbie recently posted..Life with KidsMy Profile

Kim@Co-Pilot Mom July 29, 2013 at 11:10 am

I love this series!
I am always fascinated/amused by the things I find around the house, too. Minds at play are beautiful things. :)
Kim@Co-Pilot Mom recently posted..How You Love Me?My Profile

Casandra Bennett July 29, 2013 at 11:25 am

I see the irony every day after many years spent as a kid yelping after stepping on Legos and Hotwheels my brother left laying around. Now, the next generation has picked up on this and I’ve learned a thing or 2 about how to survive these rough elements. LOL Ninjago is BIG in our house right now.
Casandra Bennett recently posted..Life With KidsMy Profile

Kerry B July 29, 2013 at 11:27 am

Oh I love Calvin and Hobbs! I have all their books and still laugh as hard as ever! You’re list kinda would have scared me if I read it before I had kids. hahaha

Jamie@SouthMainMuse July 29, 2013 at 11:39 am

Ouch is right. Legos get into everything and every inch of the floor. And love your remodeled doll house. Great idea for a list.
Jamie@SouthMainMuse recently posted..Life with kids. Or 10 photos that might serve as birth control.My Profile

Aleta July 30, 2013 at 6:41 am

OMG, you had me laughing, but the make-up one, scared me!
Aleta recently posted..Couple of Funny Pictures to ShareMy Profile

christine July 30, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Oh, how I love this series. Your kids are so creative. Although, I might have flipped if I found the playdoh in my ice tray.
christine recently posted..Monday Listicles – Photos of Life with Six KidsMy Profile

Erin July 31, 2013 at 8:00 am

That is exactly why I keep markers and play-dough under lock and key. I have also mastered the art of shifting my weight mid-step when I feel a lego piece underfoot. :) Great list!
Erin recently posted..OUR New Project: The Violin!My Profile

Stasha August 2, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Ha ha. Your life really is great. Although I could feel the pain in my soles just by looking at the lego photo. Thanks for a great topic my friend.

Christine@TheAums August 19, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Thanks for featuring my topic, Stasha!